Bramley Parish Council Minutes - 18th January 2017

User Rating:  / 1
PoorBest 

DRAFT MINUTES

BRAMLEY PARISH COUNCIL

 Minutes of the Meeting of the Council

Date:

Wednesday 18th January 2017

Time:

7.30pm

Place:

Main Hall, Bramley Village Hall

Present:

Cllr Durrant (Chair)

Cllr Bell (Vice Chair)

 

Cllr DiMascio

Cllr Ansell

 

Cllr Flooks

Cllr Tomblin

 

Cllr Capel

 

In Attendance:

Maxta Thomas (Clerk)

3 members of the public

 

Cllr Robinson (Borough)

 

Apologies:

Cllr Lane

Cllr Marshall

 

Cllr Rowland (Borough)

Cllr Keith Chapman (County)

 

PCSO Johnson

 

         

 

 

Action

1

Apologies for Absence

 

 

As listed above.  

 

2

Declarations of Interest

 

 

None.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Parish Council Meeting

 

3.1

The minutes of the meeting held on 14th December 2016 were unanimously agreed to be a true and accurate record.  The minutes were signed by the Chairman.

 

 

3.2

Matters arising

 

 

None. 

 

4

Open Forum

 

 

The Chairman invited questions and comments from those present.

Edward Dawson of Planning & Heritage Projects made the following comments re the Upper Cufaude Farm planning application: 

  • The application is not a commercial application, but more a household application.  The householders will continue to live at the property.
  • It is a sound development concept in terms of plan and policy. 
  • The plan is to subdivide the site.  The application does not include building in open countryside.
  • The integrity of the strategic gap is not affected.
  • Site is non-agricultural.
  • The application should be judged on its own merits.
  • The application will add value to the site, and diversity to the area.
  • Other nearby developments will impact on the strategic gap whereas this application is to enhance the current setting.
  • The PC is urged to consider points the points made – the Local Development Plan and NDP should not mean a blanket ban on all development.

 

5

Planning & Development

 

5.1

New Applications

16/04519/FUL - Upper Cufaude Farmhouse Cufaude Lane Bramley

Erection of 2 no. dwellings

Councillors made the following points:

  • There are concerns about larger developments in area, and also the application for Razors Farm listed next. 
  • Noted letter with application that states that the NDP should be taken into account when making decision. 
  • This application is more sympathetic to area than upcoming large development. 
  • Cufaude Lane is about to become very busy with traffic.
  • The PC needs to be consistent in its approach - it supported the National Heritage/Historic England view on the recent Cufaude Manor application.
  • This application meets policy SS6 in the Local Plan.

It was unanimously agreed that the PC have no objections in principle, but will support the National Heritage/Historic England decision on the application.   It should also be noted that the Bramley Parish has exceeded its allocation of new development as stated in the NDP.  Clerk to process.

16/04520/FUL & 16/04521/LBC - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Erection of 4 no. dwellings, refurbishment and conversion of 2 no. barns to 3 no. dwellings, conversion of granary to outbuilding, erection of a single storey rear extension and alterations to existing farmhouse, demolition of listed and unlisted barns, and associated works and access

Councillors made the following points:

  • The site has been dilapidated for some time.
  • The value of the heritage site was questioned given the location and lack of maintenance.
  • The application does not appear to be part of a remit to preserve grade 2 listing.
  • This development is in addition to the major development at Razors Farm.
  • The application will have an impact on views from surrounding houses

Objections were unanimously agreed on the following grounds:

  • Impact on conservation of the listed building
  • Impact on views into and out of the listed building.
  • No need for further development in the Parish as a 5 year land supply can be demonstrated.
  • Note that the site is in Bramley Parish rather than Chineham
  • Note that the Bramley Parish has exceeded its allocation of new development as stated in the NDP.
  • Note that this application is in excess of the original Razors Farm development number.

Clerk to process, and to find out what comments Chineham Parish Council has made.

16/04505/RES - Land At Minchens Lane Minchens Lane Bramley

Reserved matters application (Phase 3) for the erection of 6 dwellings with associated landscaping and open space, including equipped play space (pursuant to Outline planning permission 14/01075/OUT for 200 dwellings)

Original outline plan had 4 dwellings in space – likely to mean less land is gifted to Clift Meadow.  Also noted that at least two of the properties will have the blue slate tiles for roofing, which does not fit with village location.  

Objections were unanimously agreed on the following grounds:

  • The number of dwelling proposed is higher than originally proposed, and will cut into the land that was proposed to be gifted to Clift Meadow.
  • Removal of the natural hedgerow on the site – this was left in place in the original outline planning application.
  • Proposed materials are not in keeping with the surrounding area.

Clerk to process.

17/00003/HSE - 4 Beaurepaire Close Bramley

Erection of single storey side and rear extension

No objections unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.

17/00026/HSE - Maple House The Street Bramley

Erection of a single storey rear and first floor side extension over garage. Conversion of existing garage to gym/playroom

No objections unanimously agreed.  However, recommendation to be made that replacement parking arrangements is made to make up for the loss of garage on the site.  Clerk to process.

16/03462/RES - Aurum Site Crockford Lane Chineham - AMENDED

Reserved matters application pursuant to outline planning permission 14/03343/OUT, for the erection of 130 dwellings, including appearance, landscaping, layout and scale

The outline application was not subject to the considerations of an EIA

It was unanimously agreed that the previous comments to this application still stand.  No further comments.  Clerk to process.

16/03842/RES - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham - AMENDED

Reserved matters application for the appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of 157 new dwellings with associated infrastructure, landscaping forming Phase 2 of outline planning permission BDB/77341

The following points were made:

  • The amended application still includes the Main Street with large blocks of buildings.
  • 3 storey buildings still remain, and do not blend into the rural area.
  • Issues with sewage and Thames Waters’ comments were noted.

CT – still keeping main street with large blocks of buildings.  3 storey buildings remain – not blending in to rural area.  Much more urban in design. 

It was unanimously agreed that the previous comments still stand.  The PC is dismayed at the lack of response from Thames Water, particularly given their original response.  Clerk to process. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

5.2

Approvals/Refusals – these were noted.  See appendix A.  The Clerk noted that the appeal for Cufaude Manor has been dismissed.

 

5.3

Minchens Lane & Razors Farm reserved matters – update – The PC’s objections to both applications has been registered. 

Minchens Lane – the Clerk has tried to set up a meeting with the Head of Planning and the Planning Officer, without success.  Clerk has been trying to set up meeting with Head of Planning and planning officer, without success. 

Councillors requested that the Ward Members speak with Planning to facilitate a meeting to discuss details.  Otherwise the applications should be called in to DC committee. 

Mike Towsend, the Manager of Planning & Development at BDBC, and Paul Miller, the Chair of the DC committee, should be made aware of issues regarding agreement between PC and developers. 

It was suggested that senior management at Persimmon Homes should be made aware of the lack of co-operation on the agreement. 

It was agreed that two separate letters to BDBC Planning and to the developers should be written.  A meeting to discuss all phases of reserved matters for Minchens Lane should be arranged with Jon Bishop of Persimmon Homes and the BDBC case officer, and the Head of Planning at BDBC would also welcome. Clerk, Cllr Durrant, Cllr Bell and Cllr Tomblin to draft letters.

Razors Farm – amended reserved matters for phase 2 have been submitted and discussed under item 5.1.  This is also to be mentioned in the letter to the BDBC Planning department.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk/Cllr Bell/Cllr Durrant/Cllr Tomblin

5.4

Update on Beech Farm development – the Parish Council’s objections to both applications have been submitted.  They will be called in for discussion by the BDBC Development Control Committee.   The Clerk noted that the Parish Council have requested a slot for speaking at this meeting.  The next DC meeting is on 8th February 2017 – no agenda has been issued as yet. 

 

6

Parish Environment

 

6.1

Traffic Issues – Chris Price has been pro-active in recruiting volunteers for a Community Speedwatch (CSW) team, and currently has 13 volunteers preparing to undergo the necessary checks and training.  Cllr Durrant noted that most speeding in the Parish is on the back roads rather than the C32.  Cllr Capel noted that a particular coach company has been causing problems.      

 

 

 

 

6.2

Level Crossing – Cllr Bell noted the recent concerns expressed by a resident in Europa Close about the Network Rail comments on the level crossing at a recent meeting with NWR, Bramley PC, BDBC, and HCC.  Cllr Durrant noted that the last heard from NWR is that they will not be closing the level crossing.  Reply should note that any alternative plans would be involve full consultation with the community, and that accessibility will be taken into account.  Clerk and Cllr Durrant to draft reply. 

 

 

 

 

Clerk/Cllr Durrant

6.3

Outstanding s.106 funding – the Clerk is in the process of setting up a meeting with June Balcombe at BDBC – this should be within the next week or so.

 

Clerk

6.4

Telegraph Pole placement at Clift Meadow – further to last month’s request from BT for the placement of two new telegraph poles at Clift Meadow to facilitate installation of wifi at the Pavilion, Cllr Durrant proposed that the suggested siting of both poles be accepted.  This was seconded by Cllr Tomblin and unanimously agreed.  Clerk to confirm PC decision to BT.

The Clerk also noted that she had passed on the suggested to the Clift Meadow Trust that wifi be extended to in included Brocas Hall.  They have confirmed that it has been considered, but is too expensive for them at the present time.

 

 

 

Clerk

6.5

Update on defibrillators – the Clerk confirmed that she has been in touch with Mekanix and One Stop about hosting a defibrillator installation.  Mekanix has responded, and are very happy to have a device installed on site.  The second site is planned to be the Village Hall.  Clerk to contact the Community Responders with the information and put them in touch with Mekanix re siting of the defibrillator.

 

 

 

Clerk

7

Clerk’s report and administration

 

 

  • The Clerk noted she is still trying to set up a meeting with Chris Wright and Cllrs Durrant and Ansell on a possible IT strategy for the PC.  This is ongoing.
  • The memorial plaque was ordered before Christmas, and the Clerk is expecting news on delivery within the next week.  She is chasing for information.

 

 

Clerk

 

Clerk

8

Reports

 

8.1

Reports from Parish Council representatives

 

a.

Allotments & Burial Ground Update – see appendix B.

  • Burial Ground – the Clerk noted that work on the headstone restoration appears to be complete, although she has concerns about how a small number of them have been left.  She is continuing to liaise with the contractor.

The Clerk noted the receipt of a quote for 2017 grounds maintenance for the Burial Ground from the existing contractor.  The figure of £180 per visit is unchanged from last year.  It was unanimously agreed to continue with the existing contractors.   

  • Allotments – the ditching work has been given the go ahead, and will take place very soon – the Clerk is awaiting confirmation of dates. 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

b.

Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Bell gave a verbal report. 

Open Forums on the NDP have been booked for 4th and 6th February, ahead of the referendum on 9th February.

 

 

         i.            Referendum expenses – Cllr Bell outlined upcoming expenditure for the referendum.  This includes double sided A4 leaflets at £192 for a leaflet drop to all households, and three banners at £85 each with a one off artwork fee of £48.  Leaflets to be delivered by PC and NDP volunteers.  There will also be the hall hire for the Open Forums in early February.  These were unanimously agreed

 

c.

Village Hall Trust – no report. 

 

d.

Clift Meadow Trust – Cllr Capel gave a verbal report.

  • The first phase of work on the drainage is now complete.
  • A deep clean of the Pavilion is due. 
  • Table top sales at begin at the end of January. 
  • More quiz nights are planned. 
  • Maintenance issues are being addressed. 
  • A working Parity to clear up car park and area around Brocas Hall is planned. 
  • A presentation is planned to the ladies who look after the Millennium Garden. 

 

 

 

         i.            Clift Meadow Strategy and Funding – Cllr Durrant outlined the strategy.  Drains and redecoration has already been covered by the PC.  Cllr Durrant noted that the PC can help further, but there could be a good case for a LIF application – there is around another £55k on capital expenditure.  Clerk/Cllr Durrant to contact CMT. 

 

 

Clerk/Cllr Durrant

e.

Education & Schools – Cllr Capel gave a verbal report. 

Cllr Capel has met with the new head.  There are currently only 370 pupils on the roll, and the school can currently accept up to 510 pupils.  Reception and year 6 are particularly under subscribed.  There is room to build another 3 classrooms if necessary, but this is likely to be at the expense of an outdoor play area. 

The current head is also head of Bishopswood infants and Junior schools.  Bramley School staff are currently fairly inexperienced, and he instigated cross training and mentoring from Bishopswood staff. 

Some classrooms at present are unused.  He is trying to keep maintenance at the school up, but this is difficult whilst under-subscribed. 

The school is concentrating on SEN children as there is an issue in this area at the moment. 

The head is keen to build the reputation of school, and is looking at long term plans to improve it. 

 

 

f.

Policing & Neighbourhood Watch – see appendix B. 

The Clerk has been in touch with PCSO Johnson about setting up a quarterly meeting.  The first meeting looks likely to be in mid-February.    

 

g.

Highways & Road Closures – see appendix B.

The Clerk noted major roadworks due to start in mid-February on junctions 12-13 of the M4.  Works are expected to take 7 months, with several overnight and weekend closures.

 

 

         i.            Campbell Road roundabout – work on this is now complete, including removal of the pile of earth that was obscuring visibility coming out of Campbell Road.

 

 

       ii.            Tree Clearance by roadside – Cllr Bell noted recent tree clearance on the C32 near Forge Field, and stated that the felled branches had just been left in the hedge.  This has been reported to Highways, as there is also a branch remaining which could be hazardous in high wind.  The Clerk is awaiting a response.

 

 

     iii.            Update on pinch point maintenance – the Clerk has reported issues with the pinch points and traffic islands to Highways.  Highways are investigating any issues with broken signs or bollards, and are passing any issues to do with street cleaning and kerb cleansing on to BDBC.

 

h.

Road Safety project –  Cllr Ansell gave a verbal report. 

The contract between HCC and Bramley Parish Council is ready for signature pending PC approval.  This was proposed by Cllr Ansell and seconded by Cllr Tomblin and unanimously approved.  Cllr Ansell to take forward.

 

 

Cllr Ansell

8.2

Borough Councillor Report

Cllr Rowland has sent a brief written report:

  • At the CEPS meeting on the 18th the issue of the Waste contract will be on the agenda.  Once awarded, the new contract will last eight years with an option to extend for another eight years. There is a possibility that waste collections will be cut from one a week to once a fortnight.  Interestingly on my Bramley and Sherfield FB page people have been commenting that they wouldn't mind fortnightly collections.  It will be interesting to see the outcome of discussions.  I am personally not in favour of that proposal.
  • I had a meeting with one of the tree officers at BDBC who informed me that changes were being taken back by HCC for certain tree duties and more importantly areas - including Bramley.  This means that the first port of call for tree issues could be HCC rather than BDBC.  I am seeking clarification on which areas will still remain part of the remit under BDBC and will advise shortly.
  • Razors Farm – there are various issues arising around open cartshed garages, concerns regarding Thames Water's comments and the request from them for a Grampian condition. Information has been provided to allow the Highways Officer to comment further.  Additionally there have been changes in the provision of affordable housing units coupled with the LEAP moved slightly at the request of the Parks and Open Spaces officer. Parking in some areas has been redesigned, narrow planting strips removed and footpaths provided from on-site parking to front doors. Interpretation boards are also provided for the SINCs and the route of the Roman Road.  To this end a meeting has been requested by Councillors with the Planning Officer to discuss further.

Cllr Robinson gave a verbal report:

  • He noted the possible refuse collection proposals.  BDBC is also discussing taking over the Wade Road recycling centre from the County Council. 
  • There will be a by-election for Winklebury on 23rd February.
  • There are proposals to be debated about closing Fort Hill secondary school at Winklebury. 
  • Sherfield – another traveller application has been received for two pitches near St Leonards Church.  Local residents are objecting. 
  • Boundary review 2019 for Wards – looking at reducing councillors to 51, with members having three wards each. 
  • BDBC is in the lowest 5 district councils in the UK for council taxes, and in the top 5 of spend per head of population. 
  • Developing strategy to maintain income by taking money out of investment and putting it into property. 
  • BDBC is leaving HARAH, and looking at other ways of providing affordable housing in the borough.
  • Basingstoke Football Club is up for sale.
  • BDBC is celebrating a year of Jane Austen, with statues and other commemorations.
  • The BDBC enforcement backlog has reduced from over 500 cases to 250. 

 

8.3

County Councillor Report – no report. 

 

8.4

Chairmans Report – no report.

 

9

Consultation Documents requiring consideration

 

 

None. 

 

10

Grant Applications

 

10.1

Village Hall – a grant request has been received from the VHT for £600 towards the cost of resurfacing the floors in the Main Hall and the Committee Room.  Grants have already been awarded by both HCC and from s.106 funding, after a recommendation by Bramley PC for the VHT to seek possible funding from other sources.  Cllr Tomblin proposed that the grant be awarded, Cllr Ansell seconded, unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

10.2

Clift Meadow Trust – CMT have submitted a grant application for £1500 for the initial set up for the 2017 Fun Day on 29th April.  Cllr Tomblin noted that the PC should be recognised in the programme for the event for their support.  Cllr Durrant proposed that the grant be awarded, Cllr Flooks seconded, unanimously approved.  Clerk to process.

 

 

 

Clerk

11

Finance

 

11.1

Payments and Reconciliation Approval – see appendix C.

The clerk outlined the payments and reconciliation for January.  She noted the following:

  • Payment is due for the first tranche of draining work at Clift Meadow
  • Website fees are now due.
  • NDP consultants fees are now due, as is hall hire for the Open Forums in February
  • Payment has been made for the redecoration of the Pavilion.
  • All other payments are as expected.

It was unanimously agreed to approve the payments for January – Clerk to process.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

11.2

Acknowledgement of Receipts – see Appendix C.

Receipts were noted.   A VAT return for quarter 3 will be submitted within the next week.

 

11.3

2017/18 Budget - the Clerk has circulated the 2017/18 budget.  She noted that as it stands, there is still a large reserve figure that needs to be addressed, although this is likely to be used on various parish projects as they arise.  She also noted the likely loss of the Limited General Grant and Council Tax Support grant from BDBC. 

Cllr Durrant proposed that the 2017/18 budget be accepted.  This was seconded by Cllr Ansell and unanimously agreed.

 

 

 

11.4

2017/18 Precept – Cllr Durrant noted that, due to the current surplus, there appeared to be no reason to increase the precept from last year.  Therefore, he proposed that the precept for 2017/18 remain at £65,000.  This was seconded by Cllr Tomblin and unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.

 

 

Clerk

12

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting will be held on 15th February 2017.

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting finished at 10.05pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

Signed:                 ………………………………………………………………….      Date:………………………………………

(Chairman)

Appendix A – Planning Summary

 

Planning Applications for Consideration

1

16/04519/FUL - Upper Cufaude Farmhouse Cufaude Lane Bramley

Erection of 2 no. dwellings

 

2.

16/04520/FUL & 16/04521/LBC - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Erection of 4 no. dwellings, refurbishment and conversion of 2 no. barns to 3 no. dwellings, conversion of granary to outbuilding, erection of a single storey rear extension and alterations to existing farmhouse, demolition of listed and unlisted barns, and associated works and access

 

3.

16/04505/RES - Land At Minchens Lane Minchens Lane Bramley

Reserved matters application (Phase 3) for the erection of 6 dwellings with associated landscaping and open space, including equipped play space (pursuant to Outline planning permission 14/01075/OUT for 200 dwellings)

 

4.

17/00003/HSE - 4 Beaurepaire Close Bramley

Erection of single storey side and rear extension

 

5.

17/00026/HSE - Maple House The Street Bramley

Erection of a single storey rear and first floor side extension over garage. Conversion of existing garage to gym/playroom

 

6.

16/03462/RES - Aurum Site Crockford Lane Chineham

Reserved matters application pursuant to outline planning permission 14/03343/OUT, for the erection of 130 dwellings, including appearance, landscaping, layout and scale

The outline application was not subject to the considerations of an EIA

Objections Revised application to be considered

7.

16/03842/RES - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Reserved matters application for the appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of 157 new dwellings with associated infrastructure, landscaping forming Phase 2 of outline planning permission BDB/77341

Objections Revised application to be considered

 

Approvals/Refusals*

1.

16/03913/HSE - 19 Ringshall Gardens Bramley

Erection of single storey side extension

Granted

No objections

2.

T/00449/16/TPO - 7 Ringshall Gardens Bramley

T1 Oak - reduce width of crown and reduce height leaving an approx finished height of 16-18m with a crown spread (radius) of approx 4-5.5m

Granted

No objections

 

Pending Applications*

1.

15/03423/FUL - Land Adjacent The Street Bramley

Erection of two no. 4 bedroom dwellings with detached garages and associated landscaping and access works

Objections

Gone to appeal – non-determination

2.

16/00697/FUL - Land At Beech Farm Lane End Bramley

Erection of 15 no. dwellings, together with the widening of the existing access onto Lane End and provision of an area of public open space with associated landscaping

Objections

3.

16/03052/FUL & 16/03053/LBC - Beech Farm Lane End Bramley

Works of restoration to external elevations, roof and new entrance porch, and internal alterations to Beech Farm Cottages for use as two dwellings. Creation of a parking area to the west of the building. Demolition of dilapidated wooden shed/store to the south of the building

Objections

4.

16/02870/FUL - Land At Larchwood Crockford Lane Chineham

Erection of building for flexible B1c, B2 and B8 use with associated access, landscaping and parking

Objections

5.

16/03524/RES - Land At Minchens Lane Bramley

Reserved matters application for Phase 2 for the access, layout, scale, appearance and landscaping of 66 dwellings with associated estate roads and open space (pursuant to Outline planning permission 14/01075/OUT for 200 dwellings)

Objections

 

6.

16/03827/HSE - Oakdale Silchester Road Bramley

Erection of a detached double garage and workshop/home office

Objections

7.

16/04393/HSE & 16/04394/LBC - Barefoot House Olivers Lane Bramley

Conversion of garage to living accommodation with construction of dormer to west elevation, re-siting of secondary entrance and replacement windows and french doors

No objections

8.

T/00507/16/TPO - Land To The Front Of 12 Taylor Drive Bramley

T1 chestnut - fell

Objections

9.

16/04106/FUL - Land At Boars Bridge Bramley Road Little London

Erection of dwelling and garage and associated parking and amenity area. Change of use of equestrian land to residential

Objections

 

*Objections/no objections listed are the decision of Bramley Parish Council only, and do not reflect any submissions placed by members of the public or other bodies with Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.


 

Appendix B – Reports

 

ALLOTMENTS

No written report received.

 

BURIAL GROUND

No written report received.

 

NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN

No written report received.

 

VILLAGE HALL TRUST

No written report received.

 

CLIFT MEADOW TRUST

No written report received.

 

EDUCATION & SCHOOLS

No written report received.

 

POLICING & NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH

Beat Report December 2016 - Bramley and Sherfield (BL02)

Burglaries: Burglaries are a Local Beat Priority across the whole of Basingstoke. 4 reported burglaries reported over this month. This is a decrease of one over the course of a month. Two of these were burglary to a dwelling and two were non dwelling burglaries. In one of these burglaries a large amount of property was stolen, the next day some of the property was recovered in the allotments in Sherfield on Loddon. Another burglary in Bramley was a car key burglary whereby an offender was disturbed in the victims kitchen, later that evening the aggrieved noticed their vehicle was no longer on the driveway. The vehicle was seen by police after a short while and a pursuit occurred resulting in the offender abandoning it and making off through fields. Unfortunately they were not located but the vehicle has been recovered.

 Please mark your valuables in some way with your post code or take a picture of them and any distinguishing marks just in case they are recovered by Police, then we will be able to return them to you. 

Anti Social Behaviour:  There have been 5 reports of ASB this month. That is an decrease of 2 reported incidents over the last month.

I have had one report of a youth possibly seen with a catapult, however this is the only report for a few months. If we get no reports, I do not see a problem and therefore cannot try and fix said problem.

If you suffer from ASB and you are a tenant of social housing then you will need to report these incidents to your housing officer before you contact Police. If the offender is also in social housing accommodation then your housing association will have more powers to tackle it than we do. If your housing officer believes Police intervention will help then they will contact us.

I would like to encourage all residents to report any incidents of anti-social behaviour to us on 101, or if you are a resident of social housing and your issues are with a neighbour also living in social housing accommodation, please report any incidents to your local housing officer, if the problem then persists then your Housing Officer will contact me. Please do report ASB because if it doesn’t get reported then I will not know that it’s happening and therefore I will not be able to focus my patrol time efficiently.

Suspicious Incidents: There have also been 7 suspicious vehicle/ person reports.

I suspect that a lot of suspicious incidents don’t get reported because people don’t understand what we do with such reports so I will attempt to explain. When someone rings us via 101 or 999 our call takers will grade the report according to risk, these grades range from emergency response to no response at all. A suspicious incident reported at the time of it happening will normally warrant a quick response as most reports are of this nature where they will not be around for long (for example a suspicious person is likely to move on, a vehicle will drive away and noises might stop.) If police attend and speak to anyone reported to be acting suspiciously then they could get searched for items they shouldn’t have, that could lead to an arrest or good intelligence that we wouldn’t have had if no one called us. Also if the report is about a vehicle and we are not able to stop it then a marker could be placed on the vehicle in question for our attention explaining that this vehicle was seen in strange circumstances and therefore we are required to stop that vehicle and obtain occupants details. At the very minimum, if we are provided with a registration number then we will attend the home address of the registered owner and ask them why their vehicle was there, again depending on their answer depends on how we progress.

Just because something gets reported as suspicious it doesn’t mean anything bad is actually happening or likely to happen, it’s just something that seems odd for the area, we would rather receive the call and it turn out to be nothing to worry about than not receive a call and it turn out to be something serious.

If you see anything you consider being suspicious please call us on 101 to report it. If there are any units free at the time of the call, they will attend. I am impressed of the detail people giving to us. The majority of the suspicious vehicles that have been called in to us have been with a full registration! It helps us out a lot when we have this line of enquiry as we can normally locate the owner and ask them what they were doing.

Other: The “drug offence” was discovered when officers executed a warrant on a wanted male, during their time in the address they discovered controlled drugs and various items connected to drug use.

 

Monthly Crime Stats

 

ASB – 5                                                                 Assault – 4                                           Burglary Dwelling – 2

Burglary non-Dwelling – 2                             Concern for Welfare – 0                Criminal Damage – 4                      

Driving Complaint – 0                                     Drink Driving – 1                               Drug offences – 1

Harassment – 0                                                 Public Order offences – 2              Road Traffic Collision – 0

Suspicious Incidents – 7                                 Theft – 1                                              Theft from Vehicle – 1                   

Theft of Vehicle – 2 

 

Emergency. As always, please can I ask all residents to report any suspicious persons, vehicles or incidents using the 101 telephone number; please only ring 999 if it is a genuine emergency. An easy guide on which number to use is this:

 

Is the incident in progress and is there a risk of injury or damage to property? – 999

Has the incident already happened and there is no longer any risk? – 101

Anything else we need to know about? – 101

 

Many thanks,

PCSO Nathan Johnson

 

HIGHWAYS/FOOTPATHS

No written report received.

 

ROAD SAFETY PROJECT

No written report received.

 

TRANSPORT

No written report received.

 

BOROUGH COUNCILLORS

No written report received.

 

COUNTY COUNCILLOR

No written report received.

 

 


 

Appendix C – Finance

 

Bank Reconciliation

18th January 2017

           
           

Closing Balance from statement #044 31st December 2016

   

£136,125.66

           

Income

         

03 Jan 17

 

Allotment rent

12.00

   

09 Jan 17

 

Allotment rent

12.00

   

10 Jan 17

 

Allotment rent

12.00

   

18 Jan 17

 

Allotment rent

24.00

   

18 Jan 17

 

Burial Ground fees

97.00

   

18 Jan 17

 

SSE - Wayleaves

24.94

   
           
         

£181.94

Expenditure

 

 

   

14 Dec 16

542

 Bench removal - Burial Ground

50.00

   

14 Dec 16

543

 SLCC Membership

133.33

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN01

 HMRC - Tax/Nics Q3

1,328.10

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN02

 Clerk's Salary - January

1,156.15

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN03

 Litter Warden's salary - January

291.67

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN04

 Bramley Village Hall - Hall rental

35.00

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN05

 Bramley Village Hall - Hall rental - NDP Open day

84.00

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN06

 Bramley Villagee Hall - Hall rental - NDP Open day

48.00

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN07

 Evohosting - Website charges

107.99

   

18 Jan 17

DDJAN08

 Urban Vision - NDP final editing

3,000.00

   

18 Jan 17

544

 KLG Services Ltd - Drain work at Clift Meadow

4,584.00

   
           
         

£10,818.24

         

 

 Balance including uncleared cheques

   

£125,489.36

 

 

Bookings Diary

BramleyPC Twitter Feed

Saturday, October 21, 2017