Bramley Parish Council - Minutes - 12th December 2017

User Rating:  / 0
PoorBest 

BRAMLEY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the Council

Date:

Tuesday 12th December 2017

Time:                                    7.30pm

Place:

Bramley Room, Bramley Village Hall

 

Present:

Cllr Durrant (Chair)

Cllr Marshall

 

Cllr Bell (Vice-Chair)

Cllr Flooks

 

Cllr Capel

Cllr DiMascio

 

Cllr Ansell

 

In attendance:

Maxta Thomas (Clerk)

Cllr Robinson (Borough)

 

11 members of the public

 

Apologies:

Cllr Tomblin (Vice-Chair)

Cllr Rowland (Borough)

 

Cllr Vaughan (County)

PCSO Nath Johnson

 

 

Action

1

Apologies for Absence

 

 

As listed above.

 

2

Declarations of Interest

 

 

None.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Parish Council Meeting

 

3.1

The minutes of the meeting held on 21st November 2017 were unanimously agreed to be a true and accurate record.  The minutes were signed by the Chairman.

 

 

3.2

Matters arising

 

 

None.

 

4

Open Forum

 

 

Cllr Durrant invited comments and questions from the public.  The following question was asked:

  • A resident queried the Yew Tree Close play park removal.  He noted concern that the mound that the slide was on has not been flattened. 

 

 

 

5

Planning & Development

 

5.1

New Applications & report from Planning Committee - Cllr Flooks ran through the report from the Planning Committee meeting of 17th November (appendix A).              

 

 

5.2

Approvals/Refusals/Pending (see appendix A) – these were noted. 

 

5.3

17/00936/FUL – Land North of Sherfield Road – UPDATE - see appendix A

Cllrs Flooks and Bell outlined the update at appendix A.  Cllr Bell has submitted a letter to senior planning officials at BDBC, as well as specific planning officers. 

The Clerk reported that this application is on the target list for consideration at the next DC meeting on 10th January, with a site visit planned for 5th January.  It appears that the planning officer is recommending the application for approval.  Cllr Bell to speak at DC meeting, and Cllr Durrant encouraged all parish councillors to attend in support.

 

 

 

 

Cllr Bell/All

5.4

15/02682/OUT – Land South of The Street - see appendix A 

 

5.5

Update on Planning Enforcements – see appendix A

The Clerk confirmed that a formal complaint has been sent to the Head of Planning & Infrastructure about the length of time enforcement has taken this year.  There has been no reply thus far beyond an acknowledgement of the letter.

 

 

 

 

5.6

S.106 Allocation

  • Councillors met with officers from BDBC, to try and better understand the s.106 process.  S.106 allocations are now heavily proscribed, and officers need to demonstrate a local need for any allocation.  This need is identified by liaising with organisations within the local community, including the Parish Council where necessary. 

                Once a s.106 allocation has been made via legal agreement, it is                 very difficult to change.  It is possible to do via a formal legal                 variation, but must be re-allocated to a similar need in the area.    

  • Cllr Flooks noted his draft letter to BDBC re the s.106 agreement for Minchens Lane.  Text agreed, Clerk to submit.

 

  

 

 

 

 

Clerk

6

Parish Environment

 

6.1

Unlawful  encampments update

  • Campbell Court – the existing encampment here has moved on.
  • Bramley Green Road, on the corner by the services area.  The single caravan at this site been there since 8/12 and was reported the same day. 
  • Campbell Road, on the grass verge bordering the camp next to the mail entrance to the army camp.  There are now three caravans at this site.
  • Green space at the end of Ordinance Road, opposite the Village Hall.  This is the encampment that was at Campbell Court.

All encampments have been reported to the relevant authorities, and the landowner (HCC Highways) has been out to each site and issued a notice to quit by Friday 15th December.

Concrete blocks at Bramley Green Road are temporary.  Highways have agreed installation.

A local traveller representative stated his unhappiness with alleged comments directed at him personally on a community FaceBook page.  Cllr Durrant noted that the page is a community page not under Parish Council control; however, the administrator for the page will place a fixed post with a request for all posts to be civil. 

Cllr Durrant noted that the PC has very limited powers, but will liaise with the relevant authorities as necessary.  He encouraged residents to make contact with these authorities as well on any issue they feel it necessary to raise.

Cllr Robinson will take traveller representative’s concerns to BDBC officers. 

Cllr Durrant thanked all attendees for their contributions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Robinson

6.2

Fencing at Yew Tree Close

The landscaping and fencing work is now complete.  The fence has already been damaged twice, and repaired again.  The Parish Council is pushing to get a more permanent fence. 

Residents have noted concerns about the large mound left in the middle of the site (where the slide was).  It is felt that this will be used as a method of climbing the fence.   Cllr Durrant stated that the Parish Council has requested that this is removed; however, BDBC maintain that the work is complete.  Cllr Durrant is liaising with Colin Rowland at BDBC to discuss and move forwards. 

Planned planting is still going to happen, but will take some time. 

 

 

 

6.3

Parish Lengthsman update – since the November meeting, the Lengthsman has invested in a street sweeper.  He plans to tackle the paths in Bramley by the end of this week.

 

 

7

Clerk’s report & Administration

 

7.1

IT Project update (see appendix B)

 Cllr Ansell stated that he has now purchased a .gov.uk domain.  A full report will be prepared for the January meeting. 

  

Cllr Ansell

7.3

2018/19 Budget & Precept – this item was postponed to the January agenda, to enable all councillors to review information on the council tax base.  Clerk to distribute to all councillors. 

  

Clerk

8

Reports

 

8.1

Reports from Parish Council representatives

 

a.

Allotments and Burial Ground – see appendix B. 

  1. Review of Burial Ground charges – January agenda.
  2. Review of Allotment rent – allotment charges to remain at 2017 levels unanimously agreed. 
  3. Tree work approved – another application to be submitted for extra work. 

 

b.

Village Hall Trust –see appendix B.  Cllr Durrant confirmed that the PC is not the landlord of the Village Hall, but the holding trustee.

The VHT is looking at replacing the car park barriers – this may mean a future grant request. 

 

c.

Clift Meadow Trust – Cllr Capel gave a verbal report:

  • New barrier is in place. 
  • CCTV groundwork is complete, and remaining work should be complete by Christmas. 
  • Pamper evening was a success.
  • More big events planned for 2018.

 

 

 

d.

Education & Schools – no report.

 

e.

Police & Neighbourhood Watch – see appendix B.  It was noted that the statistics appear to be heading to the same level a small town.  Clerk to request a meeting with the Police to discuss.    

Clerk

f.

Highways/Footpaths – see appendix B. 

  • Water main work is almost complete. 
  • Connection footpath between Bramley and Sherfield – Cllr Ansell and Cllr Bell to meet to discuss – this item forms part of the Neighbourhood Development Plan. 

 

Cllr Ansell/ Cllr Bell

g.

Road Safety Project – Cllr Ansell gave a verbal report:

  • Mekanix and the Parish Council are disappointed with Network Rail positon on footpath.  Other options are being explored. 
  • The road report on the Bramley Lane junction is back.  Awaiting Openreach survey on junction. 
  • Cllr Durrant has drafted a letter to the Executive Director of Network Rail.  This needs to be tidied up and sent.  To be copied to local MP as well.

  

 

 

Cllr Durrant

8.2

Borough Councillor Report - Cllr Robinson gave a verbal report:

  • Full Council meeting on Thursday 14th December. 

Cllr Rowland was absent, but sent in the following report:

  • Bramley School – Considerate Parking Pilot - I have been successful in getting Bramley School as the only rural school on the pilot scheme.  This is like Speedwatch in which offending cars are issue with a “parking notice” and their number plate recorded.  This information is then passed to the Community Police and repeat offenders will be contacted directly.

                The School have requested parent volunteers through their                 newsletter who will be issued with Hi Vis Jackets and trained.  And                 we have 3 Kiddie signs ready to be delivered! We are hoping to                 have this operational mid-January

                On the notices to be handed out I would like to include the Bramley                 Parish Council logo if you agree? The school logo will be on this too! 

  • BDBC Full Council Meeting Thursday 14th December will be held with items on the agenda from the previous meeting which was terminated due to a number of factors.  I think it will be a late night.

                And finally I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

 

8.3

County Councillor report - Cllr Vaughan absent, so no report. Cllr Vaughan is still pushing for signs for turning engines off at the Level Crossing. 

 

8.4

Chairman’s report – Cllr Durrant has heard nothing from the owners of the green space at Longbridge Road. 

 

9

Consultation documents requiring consideration

 

9.1

Boundary Commission: Electoral Review of Basingstoke & Deane: Warding Arrangements

The Clerk noted that this public consultation is now live, and the closing date is 12th February 2018. 

The Commission is likely to recommend a total of 54 councillors for BDBC, and it is currently drawing up a pattern of wards to accommodate this number.  Wards will all have three members representing them.

To be placed on the January agenda. 

 

 

 

 

10

Grant Applications

 

10.1

Clift Meadow Trust – Grant for new Storage Shed

Clift Meadow has submitted a grant request for £14,160, to be used for the building of a new brick built storage shed, to replace one which was vandalised some months ago. 

CMT to be encouraged to look for other grants.  The Parish Council to consider fully at the January meeting. 

Clerk to put CMT in touch with s.106 officers at BDBC. 

 

  

 

 

Clerk

11

Finance

 

11.1

Payments and reconciliation approval (see appendix C)

The Clerk noted the payments on the reconciliation, with particular reference to the following:

  • Payment is due for the new car park barrier at Clift Meadow
  • A bill for LIF work is due.  This will need to be cross invoiced to BDBC to obtain the grant money. 
  • The bill from Openreach has not been received yet, but is expected imminently. 
  • New invoices have been received in the last few days for the following:
    • A deposit invoice for £388.00 for the new fire doors at the Village Hall
    • £230 for allotment clearance work and fence replacement
    • £504 for the delivery of concrete blocks at Bramley Green Road.  Blocks will be in place until the area is fully secure. 
  • All other payments are as expected.

It was unanimously agreed to approve the payments for December – Clerk to process.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

11.2

Acknowledgement of Receipts – (see appendix B)

Receipts were noted.  The Clerk noted receipt of the Litter Warden grant of £3900 for this year. 

 

12

Date of Next meeting

 

 

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 16th January 2018. 

 

13

Resolution to exclude press and public from items that may require discussion of possible legal and financial proceedings 

 

14

Confidential Items

 

 

None

 

The meeting closed at 8.48pm

 

 

Signed:                 ………………………………………………………………….      Date:………………………………………

(Chairman)

Appendix A – Planning

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning Committee

Date:

6th December 2017

Time:                    7.30pm

Place:

Bramley Room, Bramley Village Hall

 

Present:

Cllr Chris Flooks (Committee Chair)

Cllr Chris Tomblin

 

Cllr Malcolm Bell

Cllr Fausta DiMascio

In attendance:

Maxta Thomas (Clerk)

0 members of the public

Apologies:

Cllr Nick Robinson (Borough)

Cllr Venetia Rowland (Borough)

 

 

Action

1

Apologies for Absence

 

 

As listed above.

 

2

Declarations of Interest

 

 

None.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Planning Committee Meeting

 

3.1

The minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 15th November were unavailable at this time.  They will be signed off at the January meeting.

 

 

3.2

Matters arising

 

 

None.

 

4

Planning & Development

 

4.1

New Applications

 

a.

17/03767/HSE - Maple House The Street Bramley

Erection of double garage

No objections unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.

 

 

Clerk

b.

17/03768/FUL - Latchmere Green Barn Ash Lane Little London

Change of Use of barn from B8 storage to use as dog daycare, grooming and training centre to include use of vacant field to dog walking area.

No objections in principle, subject to a satisfactory noise survey.  The Committee would like to ensure that immediate neighbours are happy and see comments in writing to that effect.  Clerk to process. 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

c.

17/03806/HSE - 67 Kirby Drive Bramley

Erection of a single storey rear extension

No objections unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.

 

 

Clerk

d.

17/03892/HSE - Hawthorns The Street Bramley

Erection of garage to front of house

The following objections were unanimously agreed:

  • The new building will dramatically alter street scene.
  • Access to the new garage goes over the pavement
  • The building is too close to the road. 
  • There is a drain in the pavement where the implied access (the application states no access proposed) will be. 

Clerk to process.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

4.2

Approvals/Refusals/Pending (see appendix A) – these were noted.

 

4.3

Update on Land North of Sherfield Road – 17/00936/FUL – Thames Water have now come back with preliminary findings of their survey on the waste water system in Bramley.  They have stated that the total new development for the Parish will require upgrades to the local sewage network.  The next step will be to clarify the modelling results and then align this with a more detailed picture of phasing and built out rates of the proposed developments. This will help them programme their future work and ensure that any future drainage upgrades are in place at the appropriate time. They will also focus in on an initial design and scope of the necessary drainage upgrades.

Cllr Bell has asked whether these findings have been passed on to BDBC, but has not yet received a reply.  It was unanimously agreed that the information should be sent to senior members of the Planning Department at BDBC, as well as the planning officers for the various developments in the Parish.  It was felt that planning representatives at County level should also be made aware.  Cllr Bell to draft letter ready for approval at full Council on 12th December. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Bell

4.4

Update on Land South of The Street – 15/02682/OUT – information requested by the developer has been sent.  The reserved matters application is awaited.

 

5

Update on Planning Enforcements

 

5.1

17/00206/ADV – Bramley Post Office, Sherfield Road

The planning officer has not heard back from the agent for the signage, and there is concern regarding the illumination upon the neighbouring properties as well as the amenity of the area. BDBC feel that it has come to a point where the scheme is likely to be refused and enforcement action requested.

Further information is awaited.  Clerk to continue to chase.

 

 

 

Clerk

5.2

17/00942/FUL – Land Adjacent to The Oaks, Cufaude Lane

BDBC has decided to apply for a variation on the injunction.  However, residents at the site must be served with a letter informing them that this will be the case, and two months’ notice must be given.  The letter was issued this week, so the application to vary the injunction will go in at the end of February 2018.  Clerk to draft letter to express the Parish Council’s disappointment in length of time this will take. 

 

 

 

Clerk

5.3

17/00449/RET – 29-30 Farriers Close, Bramley

The application was granted on appeal, subject to a dormouse survey.  However, BDBC have now stated that they are not prepared to sell the land to the applicants, and will proceed to obtain possession.  BDBC are writing to the applicants by the end of this week.

 

6

Minchens Lane issues

 

6.1

Completion of s.106 obligations

It has now been agreed that Persimmon will carry out the proposed upgrades to the Clift Meadow car park, rather than BDBC.  As Persimmon are already on site, this should ensure that the work is done swiftly and within budget. 

Cllr Flooks has drafted a letter to send to senior planning officers at BDBC, and Persimmon.  Amendments to be made and the letter to be circulated for final agreement. 

  

 

 

Cllr Flooks

7

Consultations

 

 

None.

 

8.

Date of Next Meeting

 

 

10th January 2018.

 

Meeting closed at 8.26pm.

 

 

 

Planning Applications for Consideration

1.

17/03767/HSE - Maple House The Street Bramley

Erection of double garage

 

2.

17/03768/FUL - Latchmere Green Barn Ash Lane Little London

Change of Use of barn from B8 storage to use as dog daycare, grooming and training centre to include use of vacant field to dog walking area.

 

3..

17/03806/HSE - 67 Kirby Drive Bramley

Erection of a single storey rear extension

 

4.

17/03892/HSE - Hawthorns The Street Bramley

Erection of garage to front of house

 

 

Approvals/Refusals*

1.

17/02302/RES - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Reserved matters application for details of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of 131 dwellings with associated infrastructure, landscaping forming phase 3 pursuant to outline permission BDB/77341

Granted

 

Objections

2.

T/00423/17/TCA - Bramley Allotments Silchester Road Bramley

G1 middle section of Oaks(2-3): crown lift to 6m.

Granted

No comments as our app

 

Pending Applications*

1.

16/04519/FUL - Upper Cufaude Farmhouse Cufaude Lane Bramley

Erection of 2 no. dwellings

No objections, subject to Heritage view

2.

17/00206/ADV - Bramley Post Office Sherfield Road Bramley

Display of 1 no. externally illuminated Fascia Sign and 3 no. window graphics

Objections

3.

17/00936/FUL - Land To The North Of Sherfield Road Bramley

Residential development of 55 dwellings including affordable housing with associated access, highways works, drainage work (SUDS), public open space and other associated infrastructure

Objections

4.

17/01597/LBC - Sherborne House Bullsdown Farm German Road Bramley

Installation of bi-fold doors

No objections

5.

17/00942/FUL - Land Adjacent To The Oaks Cufaude Lane Bramley

Change of use of site as a private gypsy site for one family comprising a mobile home, utility room and touring caravan

Objections

Appeal lodged – non-determination

6.

T/00447/17/TPO - 7 Oakmead Bramley

T1 Oak: reduce limbs that encroach over property (conservatory) by 1.5-2m back to good growth points.

Comments submitted

7.

17/03717/VLA - The Lodge Cufaude Courtyard Cufaude Lane Bramley

Discharge of legal agreement to remove the tie which restricts the garages/store approved under BDB/54128 being used and/or sold as a separate unit of accommodation

No comments

8.

17/03624/LDEU - The Lodge Cufaude Courtyard Cufaude Lane Bramley

Application for Certificate of Lawfulness for the continued use of The Lodge as a single dwelling house (Use Class C3)

No comments

9.

17/03248/RES - Little Bowlings Goddards Lane Sherfield-on-Loddon

Reserved matters application for details of access, appearance, landscape, layout and scale, pursuant to outline planning permission 15/01460/OUT, for the erection of 4 no. 5 bed dwellings, office building and new access

Objections

 

*Objections/no objections listed are the decision of Bramley Parish Council only, and do not reflect any submissions placed by members of the public or other bodies with Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.

 

Appendix B – Briefing Notes

 

ALLOTMENTS/BURIAL GROUND

No written report received.

 

VILLAGE HALL TRUST

No meeting, so no report.

 

CLIFT MEADOW TRUST

No written report received.

 

EDUCATION & SCHOOLS

No written report received.

 

POLICING & NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH

Beat Report November 2017

Bramley and Sherfield (BL02)

 

Burglaries - Burglaries are a Local Beat Priority across the whole of Basingstoke. 5 reported burglaries reported over this month. One relates to someone breaking into a shed, items being moved but nothing being stolen, two relate to a business in Campbell Court being targeted on two different occasions. Another relates to logs being stolen from a garage and finally, one is relating to an attempted break in to a garage used by the local council in Sherfield.

Please mark your valuables in some way with your post code or take a picture of them and any distinguishing marks just in case they are recovered by Police, then we will be able to return them to you. 

Anti Social Behaviour - There have been 13 reports of ASB this month. Considering the weather is getting colder and the evenings shorter, I am quite surprised by this. Some of these reports were connected to unauthorised traveller encampments; all reports of caravans moving onto land get recorded as ASB. One of these incidents related to a male kicking someone’s front door trying to get them to let him in. Police attended and located the male who was drunk. He thought he was trying to get into his home address; however he stopped at the wrong door.

If you suffer from ASB and you are a tenant of social housing then you will need to report these incidents to your housing officer before you contact Police. If the offender is also in social housing accommodation then your housing association will have more powers to tackle it than we do. If your housing officer believes Police intervention will help then they will contact us.

I would like to encourage all residents to report any incidents of anti-social behaviour to us on 101, or if you are a resident of social housing and your issues are with a neighbour also living in social housing accommodation, please report any incidents to your local housing officer, if the problem then persists then your Housing Officer will contact me. Please do report ASB because if it doesn’t get reported then I will not know that it’s happening and therefore I will not be able to focus my patrol time efficiently.

Suspicious Incidents - There have also been 8 suspicious vehicle/ person reports. One of these reports were of a van driving up and down German Road turning its lights on and off at 2330 hours. Police attended and located the vehicle further along the road. The driver (who isn’t local) could not properly account for what he was doing there, due to the circumstances, the male and the vehicle were searched for any stolen property or items used in the connection of theft/ burglary. During this search, a different number plate was located and it turned out that the vehicle was displaying cloned plates. The driver was arrested under suspicion of stealing the vehicle and the incident remains under investigation. This goes to show the importance of reporting suspicious incidents to us. If we weren’t informed of this vehicle, we wouldn’t have known about it.

 

Just because something gets reported as suspicious it doesn’t mean anything bad is actually happening or likely to happen, it’s just something that seems odd for the area, we would rather receive the call and it turn out to be nothing to worry about than not receive a call and it turn out to be something serious.

If you see anything you consider being suspicious please call us on 101 to report it. If there are any units free at the time of the call, they will attend. I am impressed of the detail people giving to us. The majority of the suspicious vehicles that have been called in to us have been with a full registration! It helps us out a lot when we have this line of enquiry as we can normally locate the owner and ask them what they were doing.

Other - One assault, one driving complaint and the arson incident all stemmed from the same thing. We received a few reports of fireworks being thrown from a vehicle in Bramley, we located the vehicle leaving the village and it was pulled over in Sherfield. The driver explained that he was parked up in the village when unknown youths threw a firework into his car, setting fire to his passenger seat and causing minor burns to his girlfriend. Considering one of the reports we received stating that they saw a firework get lit inside of the car and as someone went to throw it out, it went off inside and appeared to set fire to the seat, we have doubts over the legitimacy of the driver’s account but we cannot disprove it.

 

Monthly Crime Stats

Arson – 1                                                       ASB – 13                                               Assault – 4

Burglary non-Dwelling – 5                      Concern for Welfare – 0                 Criminal Damage – 5                      

Disputes – 2                                                 Domestic incidents – 2                   Driving Complaint – 2

Fraud – 1                                                       Public Order offences – 4              Road Traffic Collision – 2

Suspicious Incidents – 8                          Theft – 1                                              Theft from Vehicle – 2                   

Theft of Vehicle – 0                                   Theft of Pedal Cycle - 0

 

Emergency -  As always, please can I ask all residents to report any suspicious persons, vehicles or incidents using the 101 telephone number; please only ring 999 if it is a genuine emergency. An easy guide on which number to use is this:

 

Is the incident in progress and is there a risk of injury or damage to property? – 999

Has the incident already happened and there is no longer any risk? – 101

Anything else we need to know about? – 101

 

Many thanks,

PCSO Nathan Johnson

 

HIGHWAYS/FOOTPATHS

No written report received.

 

ROAD SAFETY PROJECT

No written report received.

 

TRANSPORT

No written report received.

 

IT/COMMUNICATIONS

No written report received.

 

 Appendix C – Finance

 

Bank Reconciliation

10th December 2017

 

 

Attachments:
FileDescriptionFile sizeLast modified
Download this file (2017-12_12_Bramley_PC_Minutes.pdf)Bramley Parish Council - Minutes12th December 2017795 kBWed, 10 Jan 2018 17:16:27

Bookings Diary

BramleyPC Twitter Feed

Monday, February 19, 2018