Making a complaint about a potential planning breach

User Rating:  / 0

As defined on the Basingstoke and Deane Planning Enforcement website:

“Planning Laws are designed to control the development and use of land and buildings in the public interest.

The planning enforcement team is concerned with resolving serious breaches of planning control, not with neighbour disputes or minor residential developments that have little or no adverse impact on the public.  There has to be significant harm to public amenity, safety or the environment generally.”

More information about Planning Enforcement can be found at:

Complaints are dealt with in confidence and details of the complainant will not be made known without their agreement. However, the substance of the complaints themselves is not confidential. In some cases, it may be necessary to rely on evidence from complaints in order to take action and you will need to consider whether you are willing to actively assist the council by collecting evidence and acting as a witness at an appeal or in court.

Making a complaint about a potential planning breach

If you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to investigate an alleged breach of planning control you can contact them in the following ways:

They will need your details, the site address/location, what the development is and what times things are happening if applicable. They will also need a description of what actual harm the development is causing either to the environment, amenity or public safety.

A link to the Planning Enforcement page can be found in the “Report It” section in the left hand side column.

Bookings Diary

Clift Meadow

Village Hall

Find us on Facebook

BramleyPC Twitter Feed